Welcome to Year 3
The children make a big jump from infants to juniors and we aim to make that transition as smooth as possible. We have high expectations of our Year 3’s and we always know they will rise to the challenge. We also aim to make time in Year 3 as engaging and fun as possible. Here are some of the things children in Year 3 can look forward to:-
- Topics including the Ancient Egyptians, the Romans, Plants and animals and weather around the world.
- Trips to the Oriental museum and the Baltic.
- Lots of art including drawing, painting and printing.
- Lots of sports including gymnastics, tennis, dance, golf and athletics.
- We get to cook and sew in Year 3 as well.
- We have fish in year 3.
- We use Ipads lots to help us with our learning.
- A Christmas production.
In Year 3 we stay with our class teacher most of the day apart from Maths where we work in Sets. Homework is given out on Thursday’s and returned by the following Tuesday. Spellings can vary from class to class but each class will send spellings home to be learnt ready for a weekly spelling test. Reading is a huge focus in Year 3 and we ask that the children have their books in school every day.
Most importantly we want our Year 3’s to be happy when they come to school and we know that if they are they will learn to their full potential
Year 3 Staff
|Teaching Staff||Non-Teaching Staff|
3KE - Miss Earnshaw
3PH - Mr Henderson
3HH - Mrs Hiles & Mrs Hedley
3KW - Mrs Wilson
Mrs Sinclair (HLTA)
What have we been up to?
Year 3 have used the animated short film Bubbles as inspiration for some story writing. We had fun with bubbles and learnt about verbs and adverbs.