Governor Membership Information
Hill View Junior Academy has a very strong working Governing Body. The members are made up of five Co-opted Governors, two Parent Governors, one Staff Governor and one Ex-Officio. We work in partnership with the Headteacher and staff and make it our responsibility to ensure that our school is a safe and happy environment. We perform a vital function in setting the strategic direction of the school to ensure the school is held in high esteem within the community.
Duties of Governors include:
- Appointing staff and ensuring their professional development is promoted.
- Responsibility for the curriculum and policy implementation within school.
- Considering cases of exclusion of individual children.
- Agreeing a policy on the use of the building after hours.
- Providing information to parents, the Local Authority, the Government and OFSTED.
CO-OPTED – 5
PARENT - 2
STAFF – 1
EX-OFFICIO - 1
Membership list as of January 2022
This is a reconstituted Governing body from the date of conversion to academy status.