At Hill View Junior Academy we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils, and as such expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The protection of our pupils is our paramount concern and is the responsibility of all staff within our school.
The local authority and the Sunderland Safeguarding Board Procedures (SSCB) have clearly defined guidelines that are adhered to by the school.
Our Safeguarding Team receive termly training from Safeguarding First. This is to ensure that the Safeguarding Team have the most current guidance at both local and national level.
Our Child Protection Policy can be found under the Policies Section of the Parents tab or by clicking on the link below:
AIMS OF THE ACADEMY:
- To recognise signs and symptoms of harm and abuse at the earliest possible moment
- To respond to concerns through the appropriate agencies with due speed and consideration
- To protect our children and staff
TO ACHIEVE THESE AIMS WE HAVE:
- Identify and train designated staff - Mrs H Sutton, Mrs A Ross and Mrs C Hiles
- A designated member of the Governing Body to have specific responsibility for child protection and safeguarding issues - Mr S Little
- Identified our CEO as the Director for Safeguarding - Mrs C Smith
- An up to date knowledge of Child Protection issues
- Regular Child Protection training for all staff and are aware of the school and LA procedures and share with staff
- Regular consultation with external agencies